Founded in 1947, Red Mountain Racers is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the development of Alpine Ski Racing from entry-level ages to Masters in all disciplines including Slalom, Giant Slalom, Super G, Downhill and Ski Cross.
The selection of athletes to the Provincial and National Teams attests to the quality of the Club’s ski racing programs. Current and former Canadian Ski Team athletes/coaches include RMR alumni Nancy Greene, Karin Lee Gartner, Donald Stevens, Sean Valentine, David Anderson and Sasha Zaitsoff just to name a few. In addition, for the 2016/17 Season RMR, Soleil Patterson has been named to the BC Ski Team.
We have a talented and enthusiastic group of Canadian Ski Coach Federation [CSCF] trained and certified coaches whose positive results have led to the RMR program being one of the best in Canada. The RMR has strong partnerships with Red Mountain Resort, Legacy Training Centre, Red Mountain Academy, and BC Alpine. We are a member of both the BC Alpine Ski Association and Alpine Canada Alpin, and compete under the rules of the International Ski Federation (FIS).
- 2 Olympic Gold Medals
- 1 Olympic Silver Medal
- 27 World Cup Medals
- 2 World Cup Titles
- 2 World Championships Medals
- 1 World Jr. Championships Gold Medal
- Canada’s Female Athlete of 20th Century Nancy Greene Raine
- 2017 BC Ski Team Member Soleil Patterson
- 2016 U16 Overall Australian Champion Sammie Gaul
- 2014 U16 Overall Provincial Champion Soleil Patterson
- 2013 U14 Overall Provincial Champion Jane Andison
- 2006 & 2007 BC Cup Overall Champ: Sasha Zaitsoff
- 2005 & 2007 USCSA National Champs:
Aaron Civitarese & Scott Anderson with Rocky Mountain College Battlin’ Bears”
- 39 Canadian Alpine Ski Team Members
- 12 Olympians
- 2 World Cup Events hosted: 1968 & 1988
- 27 National Championships hosted: 1898-1997
- Host club, alpine skiing, 2006 BC Winter Games